Leidos is seeking a Systems or Ocean Engineer to work in Lynnwood, WA. The selected candidate will be responsible for:
• Requirements analysis, allocation, and derivation
• Definition of system internal and external interfaces
• Development of System Concept of Operation and Product Architecture
• Risk management
• System level trade studies and analyses in conjunction with specialty engineering (e.g. Reliability, Safety, etc.)
• Works with multidisciplinary team to ensure that customer requirements are understood, implemented, and verified through all stages of design, analysis, prototyping, and production of Leidos products.
• Includes coordination with electrical, mechanical, and software designers and test engineers throughout product development cycle.
• Interacting with customers, suppliers, and company leadership, engineering, and production.
Works as team member or independently depending on project size.
Experience: Maritime experience greatly preferred; experience with UUVs, AUVs, USVs, acoustic communications, optical communications, signal processing and navigation and control is specifically desired, . Experience with IBM Rational suite of system engineering tool preferred.
Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.