Chief Software Architect
Leidos is looking for Software Architect for a contract in Newport News, VA area supporting the Army Training Information System (ATIS) that provides the US Army an enterprise capability to enable a Training Environment with a single system for scheduling, development, learning content management, training management, and training resource management, for all individual and collective training and education.
The Software Architect position requires 10 years’ experience managing and leading technical teams, including projects using the agile lifecycle approach for ERP implementation. Requires proven experience in using Atlassian suite of tools for agile software development with customer facing portals for collaboration between government and contractor, and for customer relationship management (i.e. communication portal). Expertise in drafting, reviewing and updating technical documentation and contract deliverables.
The SW Architect must be able to successfully maintain and update software architecture documents based on evolving system requirements and industry trends and technologies. The software architect also:
• Provides technical direction to the software development team.
• Analyzes risks develops mitigation strategies to ensure development teams meet contractual cost, schedule and performance requirements.
• Implements industry best practices and innovative approaches to fulfilling requirements with current technologies and providing clear, technical guidance and direction to staff.
• Translates requirements into project plans and milestones and directs and implements those plans.
• Presents oral and written project status/plan briefings to senior government and corporate managers.
• B.S. or B.A. degree
• Must possess or have ability to obtain a Secret security clearance at contract start
• Agile certification
• Majority of work in Newport News, VA with temporary CONUS travel.
• 10 years’ experience managing and leading technical teams, including projects using the agile lifecycle approach for Oracle/PeopleSoft implementation
• Understanding of security requirements to achieve authorization to operate (ATO).
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.