Software Engineer - Junior level
Leidos has an opportunity for a Junior Software Engineer supporting command and control software development programs, with an emphasis on automated test procedures. The position is located in Cambridge, MA and requires US citizenship as well as the the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
• Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug mission critical software source code using modern software development languages and tools, such as java
• Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters
• Use Jira, Confluence, Nexus, Stash-Git/Subversion development operations, collaboration and source control tools
• Support creation and updating of all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development and testing
• Identify potential roadblocks and develop around them
• Plan and estimate development tasks and develop maintainable code that matches specifications
• Perform unit testing of code, including manipulation of data for analysis of system requirements
• Help to implement an automated test framework that supports Agile deployment of software to end users
• Integrate commercial and open source tools to leverage reuse for software solutions
• Implement spikes and prototypes for risk reduction
• Work closely with other senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development
• Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first
Education & Experience:
• Position requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD security clearance.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and less than 2 years of combined experience, education, internships, course work and relevant system background.
• Solid experience with Java/C++ and object oriented programming.
• A solid understanding of software development process fundamentals.
• A strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
• Familiarity with web application technologies, such as Apache Tomcat, JBoss, etc.
• Knowledge of a version control system (e.g., Git)
• Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
• Familiarity with multiple operating systems (Mac OSX, Windows, LINUX, etc.).
• Familiarity with at least one Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
• Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
• Familiarity with NoSql databases (Apache Accumulo, MongoDB, etc.)
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.