Scientific Computing Software Developers
Leidos is seeking Scientific Computing Software Developers to support a variety of sophisticated acoustic training and simulation systems. Position provides opportunity to travel to Hawaii, San Diego and other program locations on an occasional basis.
Position involves programming a large Linux-based cluster. All software is developed in a Unix/Linux environment, and written in C++ utilizing various software packages (boost, python, and MPI). Software development will include designing, coding, unit testing, integration testing, and verification and validation testing. Candidate will develop sophisticated, real-time, message passing and data distribution software, numerical models, and system health and status functions. Work will include the development of new code and the maintenance of existing code. Our team employs an agile development approach using Scrum.
Position has strong career advancement possibilities, flexible career path, competitive salary, and comprehensive benefits. **Must have an current DoD Secret security clearance for consideration**. Relocation assistance considered for well qualified candidates.
Education & Experience:
- Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance for consideration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Candidate must have a strong working knowledge of tools and packages available for the Linux operating system.
- Candidate must have programming experience in C++/Java.
- Candidate must also be familiar with sound software engineering principles and methodologies.
- Candidate must demonstrate a general commitment to excellence, a dedication to producing quality work results, and an ability to learn and apply new skills.
- Candidate must be able to work in a fast moving environment, adapt to changes in schedules, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, plan and prioritize personal tasking, effectively communicate verbally and in writing, and be able to work successfully in a team environment.
The following skills are desired in the successful candidate: cluster computing, numerical modeling, signal processing, real time programming, numerical simulation, underwater acoustics modeling, sonar development. Additional desired skills include: taking the initiative in team problem solving sessions, setting realistic goals and objectives for one self, providing guidance and instruction to team members, seeking increased responsibilities, and looking for career broadening opportunities. Experience with agile development (especially scrum) is also desired.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.