Leidos’s Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group is seeking a Research Assistant to support our operations at the Naval Submarine Medical Research Laboratory (NSMRL) in Groton, CT. NSMRL conducts research and investigates the effects of medical, psychological, and performance issues associated with the health and performance of naval personnel in operational and non-operational settings. The Research Assistant will be responsible for assisting in developing, setting up and monitoring of psychological and physiological testing for a variety of projects in the fields of human performance, decision making, and display development.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide planning support for various projects or studies in biological sciences to include ongoing physiology and psychology related projects.
- Perform open literature searches and reviews on relevant topics.
- Provide designing, recording and documentation support for various projects or studies with reports, papers, research protocols, presentations, and posters.
- Perform elementary statistical analysis and evaluation of human use or engineering data.
- Organize documents and schedules for various projects or studies.
- Prepare, review, and disseminate various internal or external communications.
- Prepare purchase requisitions, with necessary support documentation, on approved purchases.
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of travel for internal and external personnel.
- Schedule, coordinate, and plan meetings and conferences for on-site, off-site, and telecommunication.
- Ensure compliance with all Navy requirements for data/database security.
- Review and draft reports and presentations detailing results and the appropriate inferences to be drawn from results, as well as to provide updates and briefs to the program sponsors.
- Provide ombudsman support for research projects as required.
· Candidates must have completed a Bachelor's degree in an experimental science, such as but not limited to, biology, neuroscience, physiology or psychology.
· Candidates must have documented evidence of research methods experience (Bachelors thesis or course work in research methods).
· Candidates must demonstrate the ability to interact and effectively communicate both written and orally with a wide variety of people.
· Due to Federal contracting requirements, candidates must be US Citizens.
· The candidate will be required to acquire, at a minimum, a SECRET classification access level. Preference will be given to a candidate who already has this clearance level.
· Familiarity with HIPAA, PHI/PII compliance, etc. is highly desired.
· Computer literacy, Microsoft Office proficiency and working knowledge of statistical software preferred.
· Skills should include a foundational and theoretical understanding of general scientific principles.
· Experience in a human subject research setting and experience in the US federal government system is highly desired.
· Work is to be primarily performed on a government installation. The normal work week is Monday through Friday 0730 to 1600.
· CONUS travel (~10%) may be required.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.