Chief Systems Engineer
Leidos is looking for a Chief Systems Engineer for a contract in the Newport News, VA or Alexandria/Metro Park, VA area supporting the Army Training Information System (ATIS) that provides the US Army an enterprise capability to enable a Training Environment with a single system for scheduling, development, learning content management, training management, and training resource management, for all individual and collective training and education.
The Chief Engineer (CE) is responsible for the technical baseline of the program, to provide overall direction to the technical staff. Also supports the Program Manager in performing the contract in an agile development environment implementing Oracle/PeopleSoft applications using Oracle/Solaris operating system, database, and tools.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: (list daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities)
The CE will establish and maintain the technical roadmap for the program, emphasizing industry best practices and opportunities to bring innovation to the contract and will:
• Guide the agile development approach using Oracle/PeopleSoft applications, database and tools
• Ensure the Integrated Management Schedule (IMS) is maintained across all project activities, and the integration of technical activities, i.e. software development, database architecture, integration, testing, information assurance, configuration management and deployment.
• Ensure completeness, accuracy, timely submission, and compliance for all contract deliverables. The CE communicates orally and in writing with the customer in technical interchange meetings and program reviews with government and corporate managers.
• Monitor engineering and technical activities and projects and applicable cost accounts/schedules to minimize costs, meet schedule requirements, and manage risks/opportunities.
• Continually identify and implement engineering and development improvements and efficiencies.
• B.S. or B.A. degree
• Must possess or have ability to obtain a Secret security clearance at contract start
• Must be willing to work in Newport News, VA or Alexandria/Metro Park, VA area full time with periodic CONUS travel.
• Experience in Agile development with Oracle/PeopleSoft applications, database and tools
• Understanding of security requirements to achieve authorization to operate (ATO)
• 10 years of relevant experience
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.