The Advanced Solutions Group of Leidos is seeking an Electronics Technician to support our customer at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. This position is in support of a Department of Defense contract aimed at rapid prototyping and testing of new systems.
As the Electronics Technician, you will perform the installation of parts for communications-electronics integrations into military systems. You will work with engineers, drafters, and mechanical technicians to assemble or install parts, and provide input to design and drawing changes. The successful candidate will demonstrate a keen attention and provide effective communication supported by a philosophy of continuous improvement and standardized work processes.
• Perform installation, test, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair for communications equipment, electronics equipment, large computers, minicomputers, or microprocessors, including buses for those in a networked environment.
• Install, operate, troubleshoot communications-electronics equipment, power distribution systems, signal distribution systems and RF distribution systems for complex systems such has military shelters, aircraft, ground vehicles, etc.
•Work from and assist in the development of engineering drawings.
•Build custom power, communication, and RF cables form drawings or sketches
•Assemble, populate, and wire various power distribution boxes for integration on military platforms
• Integrate cables and assemblies into various Shelters, Enclosures, Communication Cabinets, and specialized military vehicles.
•Travel up to 10% to CONUS and OCONUS locations.
• High School Diploma
• 8 or more years of experience in machine and sheet metal shop practices, 5 of which are related to fabrication and installation of parts for communications-electronics installations in military systems.
• Skilled in distinguishing between hardware and software problems in multi-vendor systems.
• Must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Per contractual requirements, US Citizenship is required.
• Must possess or have the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
•Graduate of technical school.
•Knowledge or experience with National Electric Code or license.
•Active Secret security clearance.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.