Quality Assurance Manager
Leidos is currently looking for a Quality Assurance Manager for a contract in the Newport news, VA or Alexandria Metro Park, VA area to support the Army Training Information System (ATIS) that provides the US Army an enterprise capability to enable a Training Environment with a single system for scheduling, development, learning content management, training management, and training resource management, for all individual and collective training and education.
This Quality Assurance (QA) Manager position requires 8+ years’ experience in software development, quality assurance, including an agile development environment. This position produces an independent assessment of how the project’s software development process is being implemented relative to the defined process and recommends methods to optimize the organization’s processes.
The QA Manager will be responsible for all activities involving quality assurance and compliance with applicable contract requirements, conducting audits and reviewing/analyzing data, deliverables, and documentation. The QA Manager also:
• Develops and implements procedures and plans (e.g. QA Plan, QA Surveillance Plan [QASP] corrective action plans) for assuring quality products and services in an agile software development environment supporting large databases and Oracle/PeopleSoft applications.
• Conducts audits and reviews/analyzes data and documentation.
• Presents formal and informal oral and written QA status briefings to government and corporate managers.
• Establishes and maintains a process for evaluating systems and associated documentation/deliverables.
• Determines the resources required for quality assurance and maintains the required levels of quality throughout the project life cycle.
• B.A. or B.S. degree
• Must possess or have the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance at contract start
• Must be willing to work full time in Newport News, VA or Alexandria/Metro Park, VA area with periodic CONUS travel.
• 8+ years software development and quality assurance experience including in an agile development environment
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.