Senior Program Manager
Leidos is currently looking for a Senior Program Manager for a contract in the Newport News or VA or Alexandria/Metro Park area. The candidate will support the Army Training Information System (ATIS) provides the US Army an enterprise capability to enable a training environment with a single system for scheduling, development, learning content management, training management, and training resource management, for all individual and collective training and education.
The program manager position requires 10+ years’ experience leading and managing technical and functional personnel in IT system development and agile software development/configuration using Oracle/PeopleSoft applications.
The Program Manager responsibilities include:
· Directs the work of 25-50 employees assigned to the program from technical and administrative areas, implementing industry best practices to implement a COTS Oracle/PeopleSoft solution to meet contract requirements.
· Is responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of the Leidos team performing the contract.
· Establishes milestones and ensures adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies and manages risks and program problems and develops mitigations/solutions.
· Presents formal and informal project status/plan briefings to the government and corporate managers through oral and written communications.
• B.A. or B.S. degree
• Project Management Professional (PMP), or DAU Level III certification
• Must be willing to work in Newport News, VA or Alexandria/Metro Park, VA area full time with periodic CONUS travel
• 10+ years’ experience leading technical and functional personnel IT system development, including agile software development
• Experience in managing ERP application development/configuration
• Army officer/civilian (including ARNG or USAR) with experience working at/for TRADOC or other major Army programs at the manager level.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.