Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
The Advanced Solution Group of Leidos has a career opportunity for a talented and motivated Senior Quality Assurance Engineer at Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD to provide support to the Command, Power, and Integration (CP&I) Division of the Army’s Communication-Electronics Research, Development and Engineering Center (CERDEC).
U.S. Army CERDEC CP&I Directorate in the research, development, engineering and business support of a variety of C4ISR systems and systems integration programs. The requirements included under this effort are very diverse, but provide the expertise required to develop and maintain the infrastructure critical to the implementation of Best of Breed warfighting capabilities. They include engineering, systems engineering, technology integration and insertion, installation, testing, logistical, tactical Warfighter support for both legacy data/application as well as emerging battlefield operating environments, business operations, safety, and material/equipment acquisition to support the Directorate mission.
As the Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, you will manage program instantiation of the Quality Management System. Your daily responsibilities are:
• Deploy and implement appropriate QMS processes
• Establish audit practices and function of internal processes and products
• Ensure adherence to all Army standards, Leidos policies, and software development best practices
• Provide the program manager with timely metrics and audit outcomes to gauge progress towards quality objectives
• Report to higher level management on Quality Achievement and act as liaison for enterprise quality initiatives for the program
• Support complete and accurate technical system documentation and specifications across the program lifecycle
• Other duties as required
• Requires BS in Engineering or related scientific/technical discipline with minimum of 8 years’ experience in a MIL-Q-9858A, MIL-I-45208 or ISO-9000 Environment.
• Must have the technical background and skills to perform quality assurance functions
throughout all phases of electro-mechanical and communications-electronics hardware design, development, fabrication, assembly, and documentation. Performs tests, audits, analysis, inspections.
Experience working Army or other DoD C4ISR programs as a Quality Manager
Specific experience with the Communications, Electronics, Research & Development (CERDEC) Command, Power, and Integration Division
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.