Leidos is working on a Department of Energy (DOE) cybersecurity program, and is in the process of identifying a high-performance team. This program will be located in the DC Metro area. This position will staff a 24x7 security operations center monitoring alerts generated by a Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system. The analyst will then investigate and, where appropriate, escalate relevant security events for more detailed investigations.
• 2+ years IT experience, to include:
o 1+ years of experience with enterprise cybersecurity, preferably working in security operations and using SIEM technologies
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science, cybersecurity, MIS, related fields, or equivalent experience
• Experience with the following cybersecurity areas: conference planning, meeting coordination, oversight of cybersecurity content creation
• Ability to obtain a “Q” (Top Secret) or “L” (Secret) level clearance.
• CISSP, CISM, SANS, or other related certifications
• Prior experience supporting cybersecurity tasks for a federal agency, preferably the Department of Energy
• Current Public Trust, “Q” (Top Secret) or “L” (Secret) level clearance
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.