National Defense Operations Analyst
Leidos is currently seeking a National Defense Operations Analyst to support our GSM-O Team!
Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a National Defense Operations Analyst at Kelley Barracks in Stuttgart, Germany.
Serves on the USAFRICOM Intelligence Directorate (J2) enterprise architecture team working with stakeholders and leadership to build a holistic view of the command’s strategy, processes, and information technology systems in order to ensure information technology systems and resources are linked to command objectives and missions.
• Common Intelligence Picture (CIP) Architect - responsible for documenting and advancing the USAFRICOM CIP in order to improve data veracity and theater situational awareness for senior decision makers.
• Activities include tracking and managing CIP hardware and software lifecycles, coordinating with DISA and JDISS for system upgrades, maintaining and publishing the Operational Tasking Order (OPTASK) Common Intelligence Picture (CIP).
• Coordinating with the USAFRICOM J3 on the OPTASK Common Operational Picture (COP)
• Develops and maintains the USAFRICOM Command Instruction (ACI) for CIP.
• Trains intelligence watch officers on common Joint C2 systems found in the USAFRICOM Joint Operations Center (JOC).
• Leads efforts to document and improve command structure and processes, develop innovative information systems solutions, integrate and standardize business processes, improve quality and timeliness of business information, and document current and future systems architectures.
• Manages complex interdisciplinary systems engineering projects providing systems capability development, systems gap analysis, and systems integration.
• Independently leads projects and efforts that span multiple staff directorates while balancing competing customer requirements and managing limited resources.
• Develops DoDAF architecture views to assist senior leaders decision-making.
• Develops, coordinates, staffs, and presents executive level information, decision, mission, and staff briefings.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 8+ years of overall related experience. 4+ years of additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
• Active TS/SCI Clearance.
• Knowledge of common Department of Defense (DoD) / Joint C2 systems such: Global Command and Control System - Joint (GCCS-J), General Area Limitation Environment (GALE Lite), Multimedia Message Manager (M3), Think Analyze Connect (TAC), Integrated Imagery and Intelligence (I3), Analyst Notebook, Modernized Integrated Database (MIDB), Integrated C4I System Framework (ICSF), Agile Client, Command and Control Personal Computer (C2PC), Command, Control, Battle Management, and Communications (C2BMC), Joint Automated Deep Operations Coordination System (JADOCS), Imagery Product Library (IPL), iStore, Joint Targeting Toolkit (JTT), Personnel Recovery Mission System (PRMS).
• Experience leading complex interdisciplinary systems engineering projects in a Department of Defense (DoD) environment.
• Experience accessing and evaluating information technology systems and making recommendations to management about incorporating systems into the enterprise architecture.
• Critical thinking – ability to visualize and articulate end-to-end systems solutions.
• Must be capable of performing complex tasks related to military operations at the Combatant Command staff level
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Possession of excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
• Capable of preparing and presenting executive level briefings.
• Knowledge of Microsoft products: Office, Visio, Project, and SharePoint.
• Technical degree (Engineering, Math, Computer Science, Physics, Telecommunications, Information Systems, etc)
• Joint Data Network Officer (JDNO) or Joint Interface Control Officer (JICO) experience.
• Experienced intelligence watch officer or intelligence systems planner.
• Experience working in a Joint Operations Center (JOC) / Joint Intelligence Operations Center (JIOC).
• Familiarity with the Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF)
• Compliant with DoDD 8570 IAT Level II or higher.
• Industry recognized Information Technology Certifications: Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA), Cisco, Juniper, Microsoft, International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC)2, Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC), International Council of Electronic Commerce Consultants (EC-Council), International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE), etc.
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.