Systems Specialist II
Leidos’s Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group currently has an opening for a System Specialist II at San Antonio, TX.
Under minimal supervision provides hardware and applications front-line support to AHLTA/CHCS end users Interacts with network services, software systems engineering and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify core problems. Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties. Responsible for maintaining acceptable levels of customer satisfaction according to defined policies Works with engineers to resolve Tier 2 and Tier 3 support issues. Participates in new application rollouts, testing and special
projects as needed.
Provides technical support by performing installation, repair, and preventative maintenance of personal computer and related software/hardware. Trouble shoots software and hardware failures and identifies network problems when related to personal desktop computers. Activities include recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps. Screens, refers, and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of end-user devices (EUDs), software, hardware, and firmware utilizing experience and understanding of MHS environment and MHS clinical systems.
Virtual Classroom Training: CHCS Applications, AHLTA System Administration
Technical IA Training: A+ Certification
MTF Specific Training
HIPPA / Privacy Act Training
Tasks to Perform (non inclusive):
- Assist end-users (both local and remote) with questions, problems and requests for supported software and hardware computing platforms in person, via phone, or email
- Diagnose and resolve problems related to PCs, printers, scanners and other desktop peripherals
- Provide AHLTA/CHCS user assistance (trouble tickets, etc.)
- Convey problems to appropriate individual based on established guidelines and procedures. Refers more complex problems to senior IT staff or MHS Help Desk.
- Participate in team projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of service support
- Assist in special AHLTA/CHCS product-related issues as needed
- Assist in troubleshooting hardware and application software issues identified by AHLTA/CHCS users
- Assist in running CHCS and AHLTA data backups that are required on a regularly scheduled basis
- Provide on-call systems coverage during non-duty hours as required / scheduled
- Other duties as assigned
2+ years technical training preferred
2+ years experience in the use of personal computer hardware and software related network communications.
Experience working in military healthcare environment; Knowledge of the MHS AHLTA client server computing environment where the application allows an end-user to access clinical and encounter information on a central database server. All access is done via a PC client that provides a graphical user interface (GUI)
Good organizational skills
Familiar with internet concepts (html, uploading etc)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High school education or equivalent and 5+ years’ technical training. 1-3 years of related experience required
US Citizenship required. Must be able to obtain and maintain an ADPII government clearance.
REQUIRED: Meet the DOD 8570 certification requirement by obtaining and verifying your Security + certification prior to your start date.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.