Sr Data Scientist/Analyst
The Civil Health Operation of Leidos is seeking a Sr Data Scientist/Analyst in Baltimore, MD.
The candidate will build algorithms to meet business requirements and use statistical, mathematical, and predictive modelling skills to utilize a comprehensive platform for data analysis; use Business Intelligence tools to create analytical models; integrate data sets and work with multiple systems to extract and use data for deeper analysis; have the ability to use the Hadoop environment with Hive and MapReduce skills; be able to build programs in programming languages and scripts; have an understanding of and use skills for Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Statistical Analysis, Predictive Modelling, and Hypothesis Testing.
• Experience with statistical analysis and machine learning
• Proficiency with a scripting language (R, Python, or equivalent)
• Proficiency with SQL
• Proficiency at transforming data, data classification and translations, as well as resolving data quality and data cleansing
• Experience working in a Hadoop environment (Cloudera, Hortonworks, or equivalent), including proficiency with Pig, Hive, and Spark
• Must be able to pass a Federal Suitability Check for a position of public trust
• Excellent research, analytical, written and oral communications
• Comfortable as an individual contributor to team activities
• Experience with healthcare and healthcare systems
• Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Elasticsearch, or similar)
• Advanced skills/expertise in data mining, natural language processing (NLP), and/or distributed computing
• Intermediate design and use of relational databases including experience working with working knowledge of dimensional modeling, star schemas and working with time-series data
• Experienced software development lifecycle skills, including requirements gathering, agile methodology, and testing/profiling
Education and Certifications:
• Masters degree minimum (PhD preferred) from an accredited college in a related discipline
• 11 years of professional experience
• Over 3 years of practical hands-on work experience using Data Science methodologies and tooling outlined under “Required Skills” in this requisition
Requires US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder) with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.