The Health Group of Leidos is seeking an Executive Assistant who will provide support to the Group President and Deputy Group President. The Health Group consists of over 7,000 employees working to address some of the world’s toughest challenges in health and engineering.
The candidate will perform a broad range of administrative tasks, to include but not limited to:
• Managing scheduling, preparing research and correspondence, coordinating meeting logistics, preparing expense reports and coordinating travel.
• Manage multiple and competing requirements with efficiency, attention to prioritization, detail orientation and execution.
• Act as proxy to the President, such as representing him in communications and may make administrative decisions or take actions on his behalf based on knowledge of the Health Group's priorities and personnel.
• Prioritize and carry out special projects and complex assignments as needed, exercising frequent independent judgment, initiative and tact.
• Regularly interact with senior management and executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, line organizations, customers and other outside entities.
• Take lead in partnering with members of the overall Health executive assistant team to execute on efforts that span the Health Group.
This is a highly visible position that demands a high degree of telephone and personal professionalism, polish and diplomacy. Absolute confidentiality is a critical component of this role. Occasional overtime may be required.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
• Typically requires 10+ years of administrative support experience of an increasingly responsible nature at a senior level. Bachelor's degree in Business Administration in a related field preferred; counts as 4 years of relevant experience with a degree.
• Must possess an upbeat, positive, outgoing and personable demeanor with an ability to interact and relate well with both external and internal contacts at all levels, up to and including Corporate and Line Executives, customers and members of the Board of Directors.
• Must be able to work effectively with key administrative personnel across the enterprise.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, sound decision-making and prioritization ability, and attention to detail are critical.
• Must have excellent calendar management skills including the ability to coordinate complex executive meetings. Must have a mastery of Microsoft Outlook.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint required.
• Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a commitment to completion of projects on a timely basis.
• Must have strong problem-solving skills with an ability to diagnose and resolve complex issues.
Requires US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Status)
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.