Electrical Engineer Intern
Leidos Engineering continues to expand its operations, and seeks a highly motivated, Electrical Engineer Intern to work in our Honolulu, HI location. This strategically important position will have a large impact on an already successful organization. Successful candidates must comply with quality control and safe work practices and maintain compliance with project scope, schedule and budget. This position will be a member of a design team comprised of engineers, designers, and CAD technicians and will work with client standards to implement engineering designs.
The Electrical Engineer Intern will be responsible for design and planning related activities associated with electric transmission, distribution and substation facilities. This includes assisting on projects of single-lines, schematics, and wiring designs for substations, as well as preparation of system models for load, fault, and protection analysis. Responsibilities will also include preparation of studies and reports for transmission and distribution systems.
• Project scope development
• Relay One Line design
• Three Line AC schematic design
• DC protection schematic design
• Panel layout and wiring design
• Develop Bill of Materials based on design criteria
• Complete project lifecycle support from scoping to final design and implementation
• Construction Support
• Applying the minimum requirements of the National Electrical Safety Code to the design processes
• Working with client standards to implement design
• Working with a designer/drafter to create the required drawings for each project
• Must be currently enrolled in an accredited Electrical Engineering degree program.
• Prior intern experience within the Power Engineering sector a plus
• Knowledge of substation design and protective relaying a plus
• Ability to meet deadlines under pressure situations
• Team player who can work effectively in team environment
• Self-starter who work independently with minimal direction
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required when interfacing with clients and staff
• Detail oriented
• Strong analytical skills and proven problem solver in both team and independent environments
• High level of computer competency
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.