Leidos is seeking a Software Engineer with a DoD SECRET clearance (Top Secret preferred) to support the CECOM SEC Terrestrial Sensors Software Branch, Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for performing software systems analysis, design, development, troubleshooting, and debugging for software enhancements and software-intensive systems and products. In addition, this position will support the development of key PPSS transition documentation, analysis of original equipment manufacturer BAT-A documentation, installation of a BAT-A software engineering environment, and performing the software engineering and testing required enable future software releases.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct and coordinate software development activities
- Perform empirical analysis for the design, development, documentation, testing, debugging, and implementation of software and software systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions to mission problems
- Apply the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle
- Develop test strategies, devices, and systems
- Develop technical solutions to complex software problems which require analysis of proposed product design changes to determine effort on the overall product and system.
***External Referral Eligible***
Equivalent experience/education combinations are NOT permitted based on the Typical Minimums for this job. This requisition requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience and a bachelors degree in a Software Engineering or related discipline. Only candidates possessing both qualifications can be considered.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or other Engineering or Technical discipline
- 5 years of related work experience in Software Engineering
- Ability to work in a classified laboratory, 5 days per week in APG, MD
- Ability to travel as required to support mission requirements (5%)
- Active Secret clearance with an investigation within the last 5 years; Ability to achieve a Top Secret clearance if needed
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with Visual Basic 6.0, COM, COM+, C, C++, C#, .NET, and/or XML
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with MS Windows 7, MS SQL Server 2008 R2, MS .NET Framework 4, MS Visual Studio, IBM Rational System Architect, and/or VMware
- Understanding of US Military Biometrics, ISR, and SIGINT systems
- Prior US Military/government experience
- Excellent oral and written communications skills (briefings, software documentation, status reports, etc.)
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.