Sr PostgreSQL database Administrator
The Civil Health Operation is seeking a Sr PostgreSQL Database Administrator in Baltimore, MD.
Under the ITSSC program, Leidos supports the full range of IT integration services supporting a multi-platform computing environment, including: information systems modernization initiatives, software engineering, project management, infrastructure services, data warehousing, database administration, research, planning, security, federal enterprise architecture initiatives, and all levels of Internet, Intranet and Web portal initiatives and migrating legacy architecture to web-based platforms.
Leidos has an immediate need for a highly motivated Senior Database Administrator to provide database development expertise and hands on implementation of Case Processing Product (CPP) application using the latest open source server side java script technologies on the Node platform and other related open source products accessing a PostgreSQL database. The candidate will be collocated with the SSA government employees and subcontractors at a government facility in Baltimore, Maryland. The candidate must be able to pass a Federal Suitability Check for a position of public trust.
Specifically the successful candidate will be a member of an Agile Database Team working with other Agile development teams, System Architects, Test Architects, Database Engineers, Implementation team, IT Infrastructure & Operations Team and External System Owners to develop and administer the CPP database.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline or equivalent and 8 years of related experience
• Experience with installation, development, maintenance and enhancement of physical PostgreSQL RDBMS to support the Agile development teams.
• Experience with developing and maintaining OLTP, data warehouses and operational data stores and utilize ERwin data modeling tools for logical and physical data models.
• Analyze database changes requested by the Agile development teams for impacts to interfacing systems, Naming Standards, Design standards, Data Conversions and update corresponding documentation.
• Create SQL scripts for Conversion, Reports, Data Analysis and Data Corrections.
• Knowledge of installation, maintenance and administration of Oracle, DB2 or other RDBMS.
• Experience developing databases with an Agile development process and ceremonies including scrums, planning events, backlog grooming, retrospectives and demos.
• Experience with SQL, PostgreSQL, TOAD 9.5, Omegamon.
• Experience with Data Conversion Strategies on various databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle, DB2)
• Experience with Database partitioning Strategies on various databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle, DB2)
• Experience with performance and tuning of applications on various databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle, DB2)
• Experience with Relational and Dimensional Modeling
• Operating System and Infrastructure experience with Linux, Windows 7, Unix, Solaris.
• Experience with OLTP, data warehousing and operational data stores and concepts.
• Experience with VersionOne Application Lifecycle Management Tools.
• Experience with Jenkins and Continuous Integration.
• Experience with source code versioning with Git and Stash.
• Experience with projects using SAFe methodology.
• Experience with environments utilizing Cloud Technologies such as Amazon Web Services.
• Member of open source software communities.
• Ability to meet deadlines, concentrate and to pay attention to detail.
• Strong customer interface skills.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills necessary to work effectively with customers and other team members.
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.