The Leidos Intelligence and Defense Group currently has openings for Developmental Security Analysts to work in the Northern VA area. This is an opportunity to use your Federal level adjudicative skills and experience to provide adjudicative support according to Federal rules and regulations that encompass the security clearance process. Security Analysts assist in meeting the needs of customers throughout the Sponsor’s organization.
Developmental Security Analysts shall be able to demonstrate successful performance of all the listed tasks below.
• With supporting guidance from senior case managers, organize and assess investigative file material against required coverage for all case types specific to the assigned program.
• Ensure routine background investigation coverage, polygraph, and National Agency Checks are completed according to standards for the level of access requested.
• Exercise sound analytical approach to identify and request expanded investigative action, take initiative to communicate and collaborate with other information providers and stakeholders to request follow up or expanded investigative actions.
• Identify cases that meet outlined thresholds and investigative results that may warrant review of case material by Subject Matter Experts outside of Clearance Division; submits recommendation to Senior Case Manager for review of such cases.
• Partner with experienced peer or senior case manager to conduct personal interviews with Subjects to clarify facts, elicit new or additional information or to further investigate questions relevant to final adjudication.
• With guidance by senior case manager, prepare and deliver effective briefings on case facts with relevant processing and pertinent investigative results delivered in chronological order to tell the story; this will include complete file history of all prior adjudications when appropriate.
• Present case facts, analysis, recommendations to the Adjudication Board in the presence of Program Managers, Senior Case Managers, and peers from across Clearance Division. Similarly, brief case facts and conclusions to other Security officers and Agency officers, as directed.
• Produce a well written, cogent, and concise written product that requires minimal edit. Product will capture relevant case details and present facts in a logical manner. Analysis will provide a clear nexus between case facts and ICD 704, to include appropriate Executive Orders and Agency regulation.
• With guidance from senior case manager, compose and formalize adjudicative closing documents utilizing all investigative and/or polygraph results to render a decision based on ICD 704 standards for access to national security information.
• Prepare closing documents that identify and document key information to support both favorable and unfavorable adjudicative decisions.
• Submit analysis and recommendations with clear nexus between issues and/or non-issues according to ICD 704 standards. Analysis and recommendation include identifying, supporting, and implementation of appropriate risk-mitigation strategies when appropriate.
• Effectively manage a varied case load of minimally complex cases in parallel stages of processing.
• Track cases throughout the processing stages to ensure investigative information is reviewed for relevance as it comes to completion.Identify, as early as possible, any significant derogatory information that may alter the course of routine processing or warrant immediate action. Promptly notify Senior Case Manager of any significant case concerns
· TS/SCI with Polygraph
· B.A. in any discipline and 1 year relevant experience or a High School Diploma or GED Equivalent and 2 years relevant work experience.
· Working knowledge of Federal adjudicative requirements, to include the applicable US Government standards and executive Orders; the application of ICD 704 and EO 12968 to adjudicative issues.
· Demonstrated analytical ability and the ability to handle a medium to large, semi complex workload. Must demonstrate a high level of personal integrity and the ability to discreetly handle sensitive, personal and classified case information.
· Excellent writing skills, with the ability to comprehend complex and multi-source data into succinct and supportable final reports.
· Strong organizational skills and good judgment. In addition, must be able to operate various corporate and customer specific automated systems for case tracking, and status reporting.
· Broad understanding of the federal rules and regulations that encompasses the clearance process.
· Ability to produce analytic documents that require minimal editing, unitize software tools (e.g. MS Word/Excel/Power Point).
· Knowledge of and ability to use standard office equipment (e.g. computers, facsimile machines, printers, scanners, reproduction machines, etc.).
· Ability to manage and prioritize multiple task assignments to meet deadlines.
· Ability and skill to elicit information during an interview with minimal direction and work effectively with variety of individuals.
· Ability to adapt to changing work requirements.
· Ability to provide on-the-job training to colleagues.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.