Desktop Support Technician
Leidos is looking for a Desktop Support Technician in Lanham, MD to support the HITS program.
Responsibilities will include:
· Provide Tier 1 & 2 user support
· Provide support for customer baseline desktop and Microsoft Office Suites
· Perform network printer installs, upgrades & problem diagnosis
· Install workstation software and hardware locally and via remote
· Evaluate and diagnose cabling, software and hardware problems
· Email User Support
· Data Backup and restoration
· Provide technical support for webcast/video teleconferences
· Security patches ad software upgrade surge support
· Support technology upgrades-both hardware and software
· Provide problem tracking support (CA Service Center & Service Now) end-user desktop /server support
· Perform Desktop/Server decommissioning
· Documentation of standard IT process and procedures
· Configure and support Outlook client and Outlook Wed Access (OWA)
· Basic WAN/LAN Troubleshooting
· Basic installation and support of telecommunication hardware
· Investigate network and email routing problems
· Support two-factor authentication
· Investigate system problems and errors to determine root cause
• Dependable, detailed oriented, takes initiative and able to communicate well with Management, Team Lead and other co-workers.
• Technical knowledge of Windows 7/10 Operating System and knowledge of hardware within the HUD environment - Dell laptops and desktops.
• Experience working with internal and external customers to vendor address any issues/concerns
• Knowledge of CA Service Desk; Open/Update/Close tickets with the accurate information
• Ability to work in unison with the tech refresh team on assigned tasks
• A+ Certification a plus
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.