Senior Network and Systems Virtualization Engineer at Scott AFB, IL
Leidos is seeking a Sr Network & Systems Virtualization Engineer to support our Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Senior System Administrator. Our customer is the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Scott AFB, IL and acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
• Provide engineering support for the blade and server Virtual Environment deployment.
• Design, Test, review, Support, and provide system maintenance, vendor/contractor liaison and other activities as required.
• Install, configure, and manage VMware vSphere environment.
• Manage vCenter, hypervisor on new hosts, virtual machines, data store creation and maintenance in coordination with storage engineers.
• Maintain virtualized architecture using vCenter.
• Plan and convert P2V as directed on Windows, UNIX, and Linux operating systems.
• Troubleshoot interoperability and performance issues.
• Coordinate and integrate with specialists from storage, network, server, and database systems.
•Provide Tier 2/3 technical support regarding virtualization issues.
• Diagnose problems on ESXi hosts, troubleshoot technology issues, using various resources and document lessons learned.
• Follow policies and procedures for change and incident management.
• Automate processes where appropriate and apply data store best practices.
• Provide health- performance-optimization monitoring of virtualized architecture.
• Work with team to upgrade network infrastructure equipment
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline (Computer Science or related field desired) and 4+ years of overall related VMware experience. 4+ years of additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Current DoD 8570 IAT II certifications (Security+)
- 4-5 years Networking background including Microsoft, UNIX, and/or LINUX Server experience
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance.
- VMWare Certified Professional vSphere 5.x or Higher
- VMWare Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP) vSphere 5.x or higher
- Experience upgrading network infrastructure equipment (Routers, Switches, Firewalls, etc.)
- Cisco UCS experience
- Experience of delivering services in a production environment following ITIL is a plus
- Exhibit strong organizational, analytical, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Windows technologies and design (Domain Controllers, IIS, and Clustering)
- Cyber Security knowledge and experience hardening hypervisors and guest OS'
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.