Senior Java Developers
Leidos has an immediate opening for a mid to senior Java Software Engineer with Web User Interface (UI) experience supporting the C2 Systems Division in San Diego, CA. Position will support the US Navy in the Battlespace Awareness and Information domain, and the successful candidate will be working in an integrated software development team at one of the Navy’s Point Loma based software development laboratories. Position requires US citizenship and a TS/SCI DoD security clearance.
- The successful candidate will lead parts of projects through all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing. In addition will assist in determining and recommending the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource constraints.
- The successful candidate will be assigned software tasks and will be required to provide an estimate to complete those tasks within a two week sprint cycle.
- Strong team participation. Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Other duties include documenting, managing configuration, testing, and bug fixing involved in creating and maintaining applications and frameworks involved within an agile software release life cycle and resulting in a software product.
- The successful candidate will also have excellent written and verbal communications skills and will be required to have contact with both a project technical lead and be able to take direction from our Navy government lead.
- Position requires US citizenship and a minimum TS DoD security clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret / SCI clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College/University in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 8-12 years of software engineering experience.
- Proficiency using at least one high-level programming language (Java (preferred), C++, C#, etc.).
- Experience developing web-clients to RESTful web-services.
- Proficiency with web application technologies, such as JBoss, Apache Tomcat, etc.
- Knowledge of software design patterns.
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git).
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira).
- Experience with continuous integration environments (e.g., Jenkins).
- Experience working in government/defense labs and their computing restrictions.
- Experience developing in Linux and a virtualized environment.
- Geospatial-based application development and web-portal frameworks such as Ozone Widget Framework strongly desired.
- Proficiency with multiple operating systems (Linux, Windows, MacOSX).
- Proficiency with HTML-5 and CSS.
- Proficiency with at least one Relational Database Management System (e.g., Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (i.e., Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.