Computer Systems Engineer
Leidos has a career opportunity for an Engineer within the Operations Team supporting the Australia Canada United Kingdom Reprogramming Lab (ACURL) Common Services Infrastructure (CSI) at Eglin AFB FL. The lab is currently located in San Antonio and will be moving to Eglin AFB third quarter 2018.
The candidate will be responsible for support and implementation of the CSI systems to include account creation on multiple systems, unlocking accounts, partitioning storage, assisting with onsite Mission Data testing, working with vendors and customers to ensure a full operational system is running, applying stigs and updates. Other tasks include installation of hardware/software to include destruction if needed. Configuration of hardware and software, and working with the customer to provide full enterprise wide support.
Approximately 25% travel required. Relocation funding is possible for one move. Position requires an active secret clearance, Security+ or higher accreditation, and will require that the candidate be granted and maintain an F-35 program clearance.
This Candidate will be responsible for managing NetApp Hardware and Software Configurations, Client Software and Hardware, GPO Management, VMware Configurations, Active Directory Configurations, Email Configurations, DNS Configurations, SCOM/SCCM Configurations & Administrations, WSUS Configuration, Database Configuration, Cisco Network Hardware and Software Configuration, EPO Configuration, SPLUNK Configuration, SCAP/ACAS Scanning, Certificate Authority Configuration, SharePoint Configuration, JIRA Configuration, KPS Configuration (ACURL only), HP Fortify Configuration and Administration, HBSS Administration, FortiNet Firewall Configuration and Administration, IdentityIQ Configuration and Administration, McAfee Data Loss Prevention Configuration / Administration, HP Data Protector Backup Configuration / Administration, Disaster Recovery , HP ArcSight Configuration / Administration, Windows Server Administration.
This Candidate will also support planning for and implementation of and Integrated Patch Management System, Site Wide Testing Support, and a dedicated Call Support system for problems, failures, and anomalies.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Active Secret security clearance or higher
- HS without a degree and 6 years of relevant experience or
- BS degree with 4+ years of relevant experience or
- MS degree with 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience analyzing, configuring and trouble-shooting a variety of systems.
- Experience diagnosing and responding to security incidents and system faults, analyzing and correcting applications or system faults to reestablish service.
- Hands on experience on troubleshooting and analyzing problems with major systems, including Windows, Linux/Unix, and implementing STIGs.
- Thorough understanding of design, configure and implement storage solutions.
- Ability to maintain and update relevant systems and process documentation.
- Ability to establish and maintain a strong working relationship with all team members.
- Documented ability to successfully manage time and technical responsibilities, set accurate expectations and meet deliverable deadlines while working in a team and information sharing environment.
- Strong understanding of enterprise, system and application level security issues.
- Knowledge and understanding of system hardening, tools, guidelines and benchmarks and encryption technologies with the ability to apply and update when appropriate.
-Candidate must have a final transferable secret security clearance, last periodic reinvestigation must be within the last five years. Candidate must be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) access and maintain a current Security + (CE) certification.
- Experience with existing COTS products and vendor processes.
- Experience with VMWare and ESXi.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.