Systems Administrator - Watch Desk
The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos currently has an opening for a System Administrator/Watch Desk Technician to work in our Annapolis Junction, Maryland office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
This individual will be responsible for performing daily system administration and O&M support activities in support of a complex network environment with geographically distributed systems. The position entails supporting system engineering requests to meet operational needs, as well as engineering, deploying, and maintaining capabilities that are new to the environment.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
This individual will be responsible for monitoring test infrastructure systems for vulnerabilities, applications, and processes and ensuring that all issues are identified, tracked, and resolved in a timely manner. He/she will provide support and solutions for server/router/firewall configuration. The environment includes Microsoft-based servers, databases, and workstations as well as VMware and Linux server instances. Additional responsibilities include:
• Maintaining a complex server-based enclave, including performing system scans, vulnerability management activities, and active directory configuration.
• Identifying and correcting hardware and software issues.
• Responding to system administration, operations, and maintenance problems while off duty, on an undetermined on-call basis.
• Providing support for calls and emails to ensure all interactions are timely and professional.
• Proactively contacting customers when test infrastructure processes are significantly delayed or may impact their ability to complete a business function on time.
• Participating in the creation and ongoing maintenance of documentation ensuring that clear, concise and accurate information is readily available to assist with incident resolution.
• Providing technical assistance to companion work groups in support of overlapping projects and maintaining good inter-departmental relations.
• Communicating with users and publishing status of any system outages, as needed.
External Referral Eligible
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• 3-7 years of experience in information technology and information security.
• Experience providing assistance to users, optimizing system operations, and monitoring IT enterprise systems.
• Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices, including compliance with maintenance windows and change control procedures.
• Must have a solid understanding of information security principles and practices.
• Must have experience with software and security architectures.
• Must have experience in or familiarity with the following systems: Windows/Linux operating systems, VMware, and Networking: Switches, Routers, LANs, & cabling.
• Must possess strong analytic abilities and must be meticulous and careful in their work.
• Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team.
• Watch desk is required to be staffed during standard day-time hours only at this time.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Understanding of advanced security protocols and standard.
• Experience documenting and providing information for security accreditation and certification.
• Experience with Network Security Technologies (e.g. Multiple Domain, PKI, SSP, Vulnerability Assessment).
• Experience with Data Center design and configuration (e.g. rack and stack, power, placement, etc.).
• Experience in a System Administration role supporting a software configuration management and development environment.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.