The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Software Engineer to work in our Columbia, Maryland office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
The Software Engineer will assist in the design and implementation of a large system development and integration effort using Agile Scrum methodology and will interface with other software engineers, systems engineers, information assurance engineers, test engineers, configuration management personnel, and other project team members.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
• Code and test software based on User Stories and other system engineering artifacts as part of an Agile Scrum team.
• Ensure that developed code is modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, and fault tolerant.
• Use software tools to develop domain software and support software reuse and refactoring.
• Identify software components and interface requirements, and support the software configuration management process.
• Support all phases of the software development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, system design, software development, testing, documentation, and maintenance, for a complex software system/application.
• Implement Test Driven Development (TDD) practices within the Agile framework to ensure the proper degree of engineering rigor is applied to all assigned tasks.
External Referral Eligible
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline, and 7 years of related experience in software development.
• Must have a solid understanding of sound software development principles and practices.
• Must be able to plan and prioritize personal tasking and be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Must be an independent thinker, capable of performing high quality work, both independently and with a team, in a fast-moving environment.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Experience working in an Agile software development environment.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.