The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) is seeking a Software Developer in Aurora, Colorado to support maintenance and development for a real-time operational SIGINT processing system. The applications are implemented in C++ and Java, with development managed by an established and successful software development team with good customer visibility. The candidate must possess an active TS/SCI security clearance to be considered for the position.
The candidate will be responsible for software design, development, integration, and testing within an existing software processing architecture. The candidate will implement software changes to develop new capabilities, enhance existing capabilities, and resolve issues with existing capabilities. The software development environment is based on agile methodologies, so the ideal candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced environment. Familiarity with continuous integration models, unit test development, and automated regression testing approaches is highly desirable. In addition to working with other software developers, the candidate will interface with project managers, systems engineers, and customers on a regular basis, so good communications skills are a must.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Attend weekly developer meetings to participate in software ticket prioritization and assignment
• Communicate status via software ticket tracking tool (currently Trac)
• Develop software in a Linux environment (currently RedHat / CentOS)
• Test software using a variety of tools prior to commitment to software baseline
• Utilize software version control (currently Subversion)
• Potential for direct customer support via weekly telecons
External Referral Eligible
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
• BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 4+ years of software development experience using one or more object oriented programming languages such as C++ or Java
• Linux (RedHat / CentOS or equivalent)
• Scripting Perl / Python or equivalent
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are required, as well as the ability to maintain professionalism in a diverse customer environment
• Must have a current and active TS/SCI security clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
• GWT / VAADIN UI toolkits
• PostgreSQL (or equivalent)
• HTTPD and website maintenance
• PKI management and user authentication
• SIGINT processing experience
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.