Sr. Project Manager
Leidos is looking for a Sr. Project Manager in New Orleans, LA to run information large technology projects in various customer business areas at an Investor Owned Utility.
• Plan, coordinate and manage large projects.
• Integrate all functions and activities necessary to perform the project/program to meet the client or customer requirements.
• Plan and implement actions by the program/project team to define and implement technical baseline and meet quality requirements for project/program products and services.
• Direct project team personnel, manage cost and schedule, ensure contract compliance, and serve as customer interface.
• Manage technical, cost, and schedule of assigned tasks or functions.
• Interface with task leaders, subcontractors and support personnel, customer and senior management.
• Develop a detailed project execution plan and help write an investment proposal in an accelerated environment.
• Provide leadership and direction of personnel performing complex tasks.
• Assess performance of subordinates, and coach them as needed.
-Bachelor's degree or higher with at least 12+ years project manager experience (domain knowledge in electric utility business is preferable). 3+ years additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
-Excellent customer-facing skills
-Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
-Proficiency with working on complex project schedules in Microsoft Project Server
-Proficiency in CMMI/SEI IT project management processes
-Ability to work on high visibility and tightly scheduled large projects with demanding customers
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.