The NISC III program is hiring a JAVA developer position that will join our existing team of software engineers. The current team is creating a weather data acquisition and display system for use in the National Airspace System. The job outline is as follows:
- Replace the existing operating systems on the SF3800 (ITWS Product Generator), the SB150 (ITWWS Situation Display), and the SF280R (Test Tool (TT)/NWS Filter Unit (NFU)) processors with a real time open source operating system
- Provide support for the Rehost of the SF3800, SB150, and SF280R to POSIX-compliant, open architecture hardware platforms
- Provide support in the upgrade of hardware components to address security Plan of Actions & Milestones (POA&Ms)
- Develop and provide changes to, and revisions of software changes to site-unique adaptation files as well as airport maps as changes occur to the facility’s geometry
- Develop System Support Modification (SSM) documentation for hardware modifications and/or software/firmware modifications affecting the Technical Instruction manual
- Develop and provide changes to, and revisions that are not detected until the system has been operational for some time, and to avert future problems with the ITWS software
- Provide field support to include onsite/telephone assistance and restoration, system analysis, and logging records of assistance (ROA’s) in the data management system (DMS)
- Provide meteorological evaluation of site data to determine system performance
- Provide support to the Logistics Center Engineering Division with designing and testing replacement components and developing a Logistics Support Plan
- Provide support for the management of the AJW-144 ITWS software engineering environment (SEE) and program support facilities
- Develop System Documentation Release (SDR) documentation for certification procedures
- Prepare National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) Reports following an accident or incident when requested by the NTSB representative
"External Referral Eligible"
Candidate should have a Bachelor's degree plus 8 years of experience or additional work experience in lieu of the degree
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.