Java Solutions Architect
The Civil Health Operation of Leidos is seeking a Lab Solutions Architect in Baltimore, MD who also has the skill, desire, and passion to continue hands-on development activities.
The candidate will be implementing prototypes using new technologies and innovative techniques. This individual will research, architect, develop, and/or modify enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software including DevOps, security, and data analytic solutions. We are seeking a highly qualified individual who will be involved in planning of system and development deployment as well as meeting software compliance standards with a particular focus involving integrations and data analytic solutions.
The architect will be involved in all stages of system development efforts, including requirements definition, design, implementation, testing, and support. It will be important for this person to feel comfortable communicating with executive management presenting architecture design, demonstrating reference implementations, and providing system recommendations based on the findings of the implementation.
This individual must be well versed in DevOps using industry standards and open source resources.
Education and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, or related field, and 11 years of relevant experience.
Proficiencies in DevOps
• Cloud infrastructure: AWS, Azure
• Virtual Environments: OpenStack, VirtualBox, Vagrant
• Containers: Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes
• Automation: Cloud Foundry
• Configuration: Puppet, Chef
Proficiencies in Data Analytics
• Hadoop: HDFS, Hive, Spark, HBase.
• Cloudera or Hortonworks CDH
• Data analysis software (e.g. Mahout, Rattle, Weka)
• No-SQL data stores: (e.g. Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Neo4j, HBase, Impala, Cassandra, Accumulo)
• RStudio & Shiny
• Predictive modeling: PMML
Proficiencies in development methods and techniques:
• Agile methodology: Scrum
• Collaboration tools: Wiki
• Source version control systems
• Continuous integration
• Automated testing
Proficiencies in technologies and coding languages:
• Java 6/7/8, JEE
• XML/XSL/XSD and XSLT
• R, Python, Scala, C++
• Linux, OS X, and Windows
• Web services
• Frameworks: JSP, Struts, Hibernate, Spring Framework, JWSDP and JAXB, JDBC, Drools
• Rapid Application Development: Node.js, React.js, Ruby on Rails, Grails, Angular.js
• Application servers: WebSphere, Tomcat, Apache, NGINX
Requires US Citizen or US Person with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.