Leidos is currently looking for a Systems Engineer in San Antonio, TX. This position is in support of the Air Force Personnel Operation Activity contract.
The selected Systems Engineer on the AFPOA program, will be working hand-in-hand with the Chief Architect (CA), and the Program Management Leadership team to help design, engineer and migrate AFPOA system into AWS. This position involves leading systems engineering activities that support building and delivering new and innovative systems using cloud technologies. This position will require experience across multiple System Engineering domains with a focus on analytics, understanding as the architecture evolves.
• Systems Engineer collaborates with AWS for use of AWS native services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage (S3) and Amazon Simple DB/RDS data bases, AWS Identity and Access Management IAM, Etc.
• Work with Architect team to deliver DevOps processes and automation and O&S capability.
• Collaborates to support the design of the new capabilities and enhancements (Cloud Migration, design and development).
• Experience in delivering services on AWS IaaS, PaaS and/or SaaS platforms.
• Hands-on development of AWS cloud services with on premise technologies from Microsoft, Red Hat, Tanium, Remedy, etc.
• Experience with ITSM and DevOps tools.
• Develops CONOPS, runbooks and other required documentation to support O&S excellence.
• Works with Cyber Security stakeholders to integrate security solutions to AWS and other cloud computing environments.
• Be a strong contributor to the team, participating in daily meetings, and being proactive to work tasks and resolve obstacles.
• Provide inputs on the adequacy of security designs and architectures.
• Monitors security posture of environments in accordance with IA processes and procedures.
• Coordinates with other systems administrators to ensure environment operates securely.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
Active Secret Clearance required at time of hire.
Security + Certification.
External Referral Eligible.Leidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.