Leidos is currently looking for an IT Architect for the Air Force Personnel Operation Activity (AFPOA) contract in San Antonio, TX. This position is critical in fully supporting the AFPOA mission.
The IT Architect selected for this position shall investigate and analyze all response activities related to infrastructure incidents within the network environment or enclave in coordination with AFPOA Cyber Security Division, System Administrators and System Engineers under a tiered response structure. Selected Architect will assist in determining scope, urgency, and potential impact and track and infrastructure incidents from initial detection through final resolution.
• The selected Architect will collaborate with AWS for use of AWS native services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage (S3) and Amazon Simple DB/RDS data bases, AWS Identity and Access Management IAM.
• Work with team members to deliver DevOps processes and automation and O&S capability.
• Learning existing system capabilities and working to support the design of the new capabilities and enhancements (to include Cloud Migration and Analytics design and development).
• Performing and providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration and testing of complex software/COTS solutions to include requirements/story board elicitation, supporting program reviews, developing concept of operations and interface standards, supporting the development of system architectures, and performing technical and non-technical assessments and management.
• Be a strong contributor to the agile scrum teams, participating in daily scrums, and being proactive to work tasks and resolve obstacles.
• Lead team of engineers to architect, build, deploy and sustain DoD Impact level 4 environments.
• Work with IT Architect team to deliver DevOps processes and automation and O&S capability.
• Deliver sustainable environments and provide arability.
• Deliver ATO documentation for IL4 environment, work with IA team to define, document and implement Security Controls.
• Deliver Solutions for security and identity management services.
• Provide user and application level access management.
• Migrate Workloads for a mix of MS and Linux environments.
• Define and deliver training on specific tools/capabilities used by customers
• Report findings to management for resolution.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
Active Secret Clearance required at time of hire.
Security + Certification at time of hire.
External Referral Eligible.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.