Web Content Specialist
Leidos, Inc is seeking a creative and end user-focused Web Content Specialist to join our talented and collaborative client support team in Gaithersburg, Maryland. The ideal candidate will synthesize content from various Federal agencies and coordinate web content publishing to deliver content-rich and meaningful online experiences to end users.
- Writes compelling, accurate, and search engine-optimized content in plain language for informational pages and product promotions on various digital platforms.
- Inputs content (such as events, FAQs, and publications) into knowledgebases to syndicate information to a family of Federal websites.
- Responsible for all ecommerce activities, including product management, order coordination, credit card processing, customer experience management, and coordination with the Government Publishing Office and technology vendors.
- Conducts meta tagging of assets, including web pages and PDFs, to organize content and enhance discoverability.
- Responsible for assuring content quality and accessibility (Section 508) of assets; maintains content inventories and routinely performs content audits; assists technical team with website content migrations.
- Helps craft website Content Strategies and manage editorial calendar(s).
- Responsible for content-driven website analytics; creates special reports analyzing content consumption; makes recommendations to update content and improve end user engagement.
- Provides support to the government's Customer Relationship Management (CRM) initiatives.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders, including technical and communications vendors, marketing and graphics specialists, and subject experts to administer content and identify website design and content optimization opportunities.
- Conducts fee-for-service analysis and makes product recommendations.
- Stays abreast of emerging industry and federal practices in website design, content strategy, digital communications, and customer engagement.
- Serves as the primary point-of-contact for specific Federal client(s).
Typical Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree in a related discipline (or equivalent experience/combined education) and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience in website content strategy and digital content administration or a Masters Degree with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience and experience.
The successful candidate must be able to obtain a Public Trust security clearance.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.