Software Engineer - GPU Development
The Advanced Solutions Group at Leidos currently has an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer to perform GPU development, real-time software development, and hardware/software integration in Arlington, VA for the Electronic Warfare and Signal Intelligence division.
Our division primarily focuses on research and development and advanced prototyping, transforming state of the art signal processing algorithms into real-time software systems.
Projects involve small multi-disciplinary teams of engineers working together in spiral or agile development environments to meet aggressive customer schedules aimed at near-term field demonstrations.
We are seeking a candidate for this position with a track record of implementing high-performance signal processing on GPUs.
What you'll be doing in this exciting, mission critical role:
• Designing, implementing, and testing signal processing software on GPUs via CUDA and/or OpenCL
• Designing, implementing, and testing real-time C/C++ software for multi-core systems running Linux or a real-time operating systems, like VxWorks.
• Contributing to design and development of advanced systems as a part of a multi-disciplinary team, interacting with other software team members and subject matter experts from the areas of systems engineering, hardware, firmware, machine learning, RF front end design, and signal processing.
• Designing, implementing, and testing software to configure and control RF hardware devices
• Integrating software into third-party software frameworks and architectures, such as Redhawk
• Documenting the developed systems
• Support system field testing and collection events, usually about a week in duration once or twice a year
External Referral Eligible
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science
• 2 – 4 years of GPU software development experience using CUDA and/or OpenCL
• 4 – 6 years of C/C++ real-time software development experience
• Ability to read and understand signal processing algorithms written in MATLAB
• Advanced knowledge of the Linux operating system as well as experience with real-time operating systems, such as VxWorks
• Experience with interface communication standards / protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, DDS, and ZeroMQ
• Experience using version control (Subversion, GIT, etc.) and continuous integration software tools (Jenkins)
• Active Secret level security clearance at a minimum
The below qualifications are desired, but not required:
• Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
• Existing security clearance higher than the Secret level
• Experience with Machine Learning and/or Artificial Intelligence algorithms and libraries, such as TensorFlow
• Experience with MATLAB GPU computing
• Experience with High Performance Computing including parallel and distributed computation
• Experience with Model-Based Design code generation practices
• Experience with cloud-based computing platforms, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Experience with other programming languages such as Python and/or Java
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.