Leidos is currently looking for an Application Support Specialist in Alice Springs, Australia. This is an exciting opportunity to help a customer by supporting end-users on their site-wide IT systems. The selected candidate will analyze, evaluate, modify, configure, test and implement site-wide information systems; provide support of Operating Systems; respond to user and system problems; prepare application system specifications; identify, plan, implement and coordinate system upgrades, enhancements or maintenance; provide first and second level end-user support on a wide range of systems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Successful candidate is expected to
· resolve user hardware and software problems with printers, laptops and desktop PCs;
· maintain and configure Cisco Call managers, VoIP phones and user accounts;
· maintain accurate inventory of all IT equipment including networks configurations and drawings;
· set up computers with software, security patches, email accounts, security and network connection settings;
· provide technical support for Microsoft Windows 2012/Win7 and Linux operating systems;
· correct system network problems and coordinate corrective action with third party vendors where applicable;
· support remote access issues with FTP, RDP or VPN; document Information Technology procedures and generate manuals for custom applications;
· contact and follow up with Information Technology vendors and consultants;
· provide low-level support for minor internal application requirements, e.g. Microsoft Access, PHP, JSP, SQL; and,
· research and negotiate pricing in order to make Information Technology purchases with multiple vendors.
External referral eligible
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
· CompTIA Security + Certification
· Extensive knowledge of MS Windows, VMWare and Linux Operating Systems.
· Understanding of TCP/IP and networks.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with non-technical ·
· Strong problem solving skills and a willingness to learn new technologies.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
BS degree and typically 4-8 years experience
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
· Formal qualifications in Computer Science or Information Technology
· MCSE/MCSA, Redhat Linux certification.
· Network + Certification.
· ITIL Foundations certificate.
· VMWare certification
· Knowledge in Microsoft Applications.
· Knowledge of HTML, xHTML, CSS, MySQL, PHP, JSP, Oracle helpful.
· End-user support skills.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.