Systems Test Engineer - Pilot/Flight Exp Required
We have an immediate opportunity for a System Test Engineer to work with an integrated mission planning development team at Eglin AFB, FL. Our team focuses on forward-looking solutions which has made us a valued lifetime partner ensuring mission success. You will be part of a highly focused and diverse team of operational SMEs, software engineers and security test engineers whose role is to provide agile support to mission planning developers and program managers in bringing the highest quality mission planning software to the warfighter.
- Responsible for developing and coordinating operationally relevant test strategies for Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) environments.
- Conducts end-to-end evaluations of JMPS systems. Activities include technical document development and review, hardware/software configuration management and control, system installation (workstation environment and networked/domain environments), operational test execution and deficiency reporting and analysis.
- Works directly with software developers, program management and operational user community to identify JMPS functional, usability and performance deficiencies and to provide recommendations for improvements.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining evaluation procedures.
Leidos was named by LinkedIn as one of the best U.S. Companies and Forbes’ “America’s Top 500” list. Employees appreciate our flexible work environment, engaging careers and comprehensive benefits making Leidos a thriving workplace.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree or equivalent and 8 – 12 years of military flight/pilot experience in fighter/bomber aircraft.
- Expertise in unit level, wing level or AOC level planning. Previous mission planning experience is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, and other systems engineers in the development of complex software systems.
- Knowledge of force-level Command & Control data (Air Tasking Orders/Airspace Coordination Orders (ATO/ACO)).
- Familiarization with Geographic Intelligence (GEOINT) data.
- Previous JMPS experience is highly desired but not required.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of a Secret clearance and be eligible to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- Strong knowledge of MS Windows environments
- Knowledge of software testing concepts
- Knowledge of Virtual Machine environments and their use
- Knowledge of Database Management Systems (DBMSs) setup and usage
- Knowledge of software and systems engineering processes for software development life cycle
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.