Senior Systems Engineer
Position is supporting Active Directory Design/Build for a multi-discipline engineering team for our DTRA program in Fort Belvoir, Virginia.
Serves as the Lead Active Directory Architect for a 4000+ user active directory environment, utilizing Server 2012r2 and 2016 Core operating systems. The AD Architect will plan, support, implement and document an Engineering solution to migrate from a multi-tiered 2012r2 factor to a Flat 2016 Core based design.
The AD Architect will be tasked with working with all IT support teams to ensure that requirements are accurately identified and executed in a delivered solution. Will serve as the Subject Matter Expert for junior staff, developing skillsets within the operations team to facilitate a complete transition to them for day to day operations, while continuing to serve as the Tier 4 escalation point. Will also oversee updates to the Disaster recovery and Continuity of Operations Plan as required by new implementations.
External Referral Eligible
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
• Advanced level understanding of Microsoft Server 2012r2 and 2016 Active Directory deployments
• Specific understanding deploying Active Directory utilizing the Server Core deployment, with ability to support it as such utilizing Microsoft provided toolsets
• Experience using the Quest ARS AD management tool to extend AD Schema and manage AD accounts for users and groups
• Experience working in a multi forest AD environment supporting Administrative, user, and resource Directory workflows
• Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Technology Discipline
• 10 or more years’ experience supporting Microsoft Windows servers
• 9+ years supporting Active Directory environments
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, to be able to effectively document solutions and obtain requirements from customers
• MCSE or the equivalent Professional level Microsoft Certification
• CompTIA Security+ or CISSP
• Expert level understanding of AD integrated DNS, and associated impacts on other connected systems
• Extensive PowerShell scripting expertise, to automate workflows and collection of data
• Expert level understanding of Sites and Services boundaries, impact of latency in multisite deployments, and troubleshooting replication issues across WAN links
• Working knowledge of L2/L3 network concepts to assist in the development of a complete Directory solution
• Extensive background securing AD in accordance with DoD STIG requirements
• Master’s Degree in an Information Technology Discipline
• ITIL v3 Foundations certification
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.