Logistics and Procurement Lead (Contingent Hire)
Defense and Intelligence is actively seeking a Senior Logistics Manager for contingent work.
Scope of responsibilities includes, but is not limited to:
• Provide management oversight to logistics and procurement employees, monitor, maintain and replenish material inventory, determining urgency and procuring/expediting material as needed based on mission priorities.
• Oversee the status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports.
• Monitor the assessment of project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
• Lead, motivate, and develop department personnel to work as a productive team.
• Team with other functional areas within a matrixed organization for long term planning and support.
• Mange inventory dispensing parts in accordance with approved processes, receiving failed materials, and restocking excess ready-for-issue parts.
• Coordinate the shipment of properly prepared outgoing material in accordance with approved procedures.
• Conduct inspection and receipt of materials, including supplier information, conformance to applicable specifications, and segregation of conforming and non-conforming items.
• Maintain documentation and logistics databases, entering appropriate data in a timely manner, and completing required procedural documentation in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Monitor facility cleanliness and storage.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Active TS/SCI with polygraph
• Bachelor s degree in a logistics, accounting, or leadership/management related discipline, or an Associate s degree and five or more years of professional related experience.
• Prior documented experience in inventory and controlled material management, forecasting, and procurement, and familiarity with warehousing operations.
• Strong communication and time management skills, with the ability to work well in a team environment.
• Prior experience using computer/network-based inventory management and job tracking systems.
• Must have and maintain a current state-endorsed driver s license
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.