Cyber Security Engineer
The Civil Health Operation of Leidos is seeking a Cybersecurity Security Specialist to work with the Social Security Administration (SSA) Office of Information Security (OIS). We are identifying a high-performance team for a program located in the Baltimore / Woodlawn Md. area.
This key role provides a technical leadership role over all cybersecurity functions
This person acts as the primary interface for all operational and program support cybersecurity issues to senior government customers covering areas including: cybersecurity operations, compliance, technical architecture, continuous diagnostics and mitigation, and supply chain risk management.
• Assist the ITSSC Leadership team with Cybersecurity guidance regarding security policies, procedures, federal guidelines, and tools
• Assist the Business Development and ITSSC Leadership team with guidance and pursuit of new Cybersecurity business opportunities (responses to RFIs / RFPs and any unsolicited White Papers)
• Once established on the team and with the customer, within 6 to 8 months – provide Cybersecurity guidance to the SSA POCs within the Office of Information Security (OIS)
• Develop, deliver, and train both internal and customer personnel in the areas of Cybersecurity documentation, plans, processes, procedures, and policies
• Master’s degree, preferably in computer science, cybersecurity, MIS, related fields, or Bachelor’s degree with additional 4 years’ experience
• 20+ years IT experience, to include:
o 12+ years of which experience is with enterprise cybersecurity
o 5+ years of experience managing cybersecurity teams, including technical leadership
• CISSP, CISM, SANS, or other related certifications
• Prior experience managing cybersecurity tasks for a federal agency
• Experience with the following cybersecurity areas: endpoint protection, network security, security operations, incident response, policy, vulnerability management, FISMA compliance, and related areas
• US Citizen Status is required
Current DoD Top Secret or DoD Secret level clearance preferred but it is only required that the candidate be capability of achieving a Public Trust
• Experience supporting government agencies with their continuous diagnostics and mitigation (CDM) and supply chain risk management programs
• Experience working in and managing a security operations center
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.