JOB DESCRIPTION: The Power Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, and evaluating components and processes used in the power generation, manipulation, transmission, distribution, and storage of electricity. Determines design approaches and parameters. Analyzes equipment to establish operating data, conducts experimental tests and evaluates results. Selects components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
• Influences development of solutions that impact strategic project/program goals and business results. Recommends and develops new technical solutions, products, and/or standards in support of function’s strategy and operations. Leads and manages works of other technical staff that has significant impact on project results/outputs.
• Resolves highly complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation. Develops solutions that are highly innovative, and achieved through research and integration of best practices.
• Requires ability to communicate with executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project. Works to convince others to accept area’s view/current practices and agree/accept new concepts, practices and approaches.
• Has in-depth understanding of technical principles, theories, concepts and their application across range of programs. Serves as a subject matter expert within technical domain area.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Demonstrated experience developing power solutions for field sites
• BS degree and 7+ years of prior relevant experience
• Advanced degree desired.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.