Working both as a member of a team and independently the successful candidate will:
- Modernize the ERIDS and ESSC development environment and infrastructure.
- Provide the engineering expertise to operate in a Leidos and FAA controlled development environment.
- Work with Leidos and FAA personnel to support the operations of the 20 ARTCCs.
- Be able to support local and remote customer's System support needs.
- Work with other Leidos organizations to maintain and enhance existing systems.
- Provide the support needed for system engineering and software development functional organizations.
- Articulate user needs and requirements and transform into high level designs
- To develop and implement system test and verification procedures.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline.
· Ability to apply System Engineering principles/process
· Knowledge of the Systems Engineering lifecycle.
· Ability to develop, document, and verify A/B Level requirements
· Ability to develop and document overall System Level design, function, and performance criteria
· Ability to develop prototypes for suggested/recommended solutions
· Ability to debug and correct system level problems and issues.
· Experience in use of the UNIX and Linux operating systems.
· Strong communication skills to interface with internal and external customers.
· FAA air traffic domain and program knowledge.
· UNIX/Solaris/AIX knowledge.
· Windows and Linux server knowledge and skills.
· Windows/Linux network skills
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.