Software Application Engineer
Leidos is looking for a Software Application Engineer to join their team. This position can be in New Orleans, LA or Little Rock, AR. This position will work directly with client customers to provide world-class Application baseload and non-baseload support for multiple utility company applications.
The successful candidate will design, code and deliver new applications and application enhancements in multiple platforms (.NET, Java, ESRI, Python). The successful candidate will support and enhance existing applications as well as develop new applications to meet organizational goals and objectives. Candidate must be familiar with the configuration and system testing process. This position requires an experienced, self-motivating individual capable of performing in a fast-paced development environment, as well as interacting effectively with key customers and users. This person will assist with the implementation, configuration, and maintaining of GIS applications in a project and support capacity. This position will work with Project Manager(s) and other project resources to meet commitments and deliverables. This position will also work with Product Support Manager and team to maintain daily operations surrounding the GIS.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, GIS, or equivalent work experience with 6+ years related experience
• Experience with GE Smallworld, ESRI, Oracle and SQL Server
• Expertise with common GIS software
• Interaction with map features
• Efficient use of core functions
• Ability to leverage available tools to solve tasks
• Ability to extend core functions
• Create new modules
• Custom tools or extensions
• Understanding Spatial Data Modeling
• Creation and Manipulation of Features
• Updating RWO Objects and applying to the database.
• Building Custom GIS Applications, via:
• GE Smallworld Images
• ArcGIS Engine or Runtime
• Experience with Querying, Reporting, and Extraction of Spatial Data
• Ability to provide technical leadership and support multiple projects
• Able to perform in a complex multi-tasking and multi-customer work environment
• Able to work within limited time restraints and strict deadlines
• Able to perform duties without immediate supervision
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent inter-personnel skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Highly motivated and able to solve highly technical and complex problems
• FME Workbench (desired)
• Languages: Magik, Python, C#, Java, .Net (desired)
• Prior experience implementing ITSM solutions in a fast-paced, heterogeneous environment (desired)
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.