Customer Service Manager
The Civil Health Operation of Leidos is seeking a Customer Services Manager, contingent upon contract award, in Baltimore, MD.
The Customer Services Manager shall be responsible for the Contractors NGTP Help Desk function and its staff. The Customer Services Manager shall be responsible for the life cycle handling of problem tickets, first call resolution service levels, escalation. The Customer
Services Manager shall serve as the Contractor’s liaison to Agency for all training, quality assurance, and maintaining overall customer satisfaction with using the Contractor’s NGTP systems.
• Supervises a team of Customer Service Representatives (CSR), technical support and Sr. CSR staff.
• Supervises staff in recognizing, identifying, isolating, and resolving problems with university services, including admissions, financial aid, advising, and business office inquiries.
• Responds to employees needing assistance with locating information or scripts to better address the caller’s questions or concerns.
• Assists subordinate CSRs and technicians in resolving complex issues.
• Recommends updated configuration settings
• Serves as point of contact to address escalated inquiries.
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned, with focus on making recommendations to align them with customers’ evolving needs.
• Adhere to and support service level metrics that can include, average handle time, response accuracy, and quality metrics.
• Reviews individual performance and provides direct feedback to employees regarding performance.
• Conducts regular coaching and feedback sessions with team members, and when necessary, prepares and delivers disciplinary actions and recommends terminations.
• Screens, interviews, and makes offers to applicants for positions, including internal promotion positions.
• Responsible for ensuring timekeeping compliance for team and approving timesheets.
• Assist with or conduct training to keep team updated on changes and ensure all required training has been completed.
• Maintain up to date knowledge of program and agency regulations and policies and support those policies and procedures.
• Adhere to policies and procedures as they relate to the confidentiality of information and protect personal identifiable information (PII).
• May be required to work scheduled holidays and other non-regular business hours.
• Participates in and leads special projects as required; performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 11 years or more of professional experience; or 9 years of professional experience with a related Master's degree.
• 5-8 years of related customer service, call center, or service center experience.
• Strong supervisory and customer service skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to work effectively within established contractual turnaround times.
• Must have demonstrated excellent listening, interpersonal, and leadership skills and the ability to organize simultaneous tasks.
• Strong leadership, teamwork, initiative, detail orientation, and problem solving skills.
• Ability to analyze trends and troubleshoot priority issues.
• Proven ability to work as a team member is required.
• Knowledge of HDI and ITIL principles, methods, and techniques for computer troubleshooting and support. Experienced in recommending self-service options based on continual observation and analysis of calls and customer’ need for assistance.
• Knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
• Effective supervisory and leadership skills, with focus on coaching agents to deliver a superb customer experience and rewarding and recognizing contributions to team success.
Requires US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder) with the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.