The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking a Sharepoint Developer to support the conference center under the Information Technology Enterprise Management Contract within the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency.
Candidate is responsible for writing and maintaining source code, creating and maintaining software applications and applying frameworks involved in a software release. Duties include computer programming, documenting, managing configuration, testing, and bug fixing involved in creating and maintaining applications and frameworks involved in a software release life cycle and resulting in a software product. Expertise in one or more programming language is required.
• Works independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results or project deliverables.
• Responsible for entire projects or processes within a technical area.
• Typically responsible for coaching and reviewing the work of lower level technical staff.
• Develops technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solution.
• Develops solutions to technical problems and issues that are unclear and require deep technical knowledge.
• Communicates with internal and client project team members.
• Works to influence team members regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
• Requires deep understanding of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of technical domain and has broad understanding of other related specialty areas.
Specific Administration and Software Development duties include:
• Administer SharePoint environment (100+ user sites) ensuring SharePoint services are online and available.
• Fulfill change requests to modify, delete, and archive SharePoint sites and content.
• ·Provide technical assistance and troubleshooting for SharePoint sites, users, site collections and public calendars.
• ·Work efficiently and proactively to ensure all customer availability and change requests SLAs are met.
• ·Provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 technical support.
• ·Writes SOPS and other troubleshooting guides to enhance the Service Knowledge Database
• ·Develop a SharePoint-based Dashboard that meets all requirements as defined by the Chief Architect.
• ·Develop SharePoint code to interface with external data sources such as Remedy, Service Now, and Network Management applications like SolarWinds.
• ·Participate and actively contribute in technical engineering meetings supporting the Chief Architect in the development the SharePoint Service Strategy
• ·Write engineering documents to fully document the SharePoint environment and programming code
• Other system administration and software developer related duties as assigned.
• Supports software and web architecture development, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and legacy systems)
• Interacts with customers and development team to gather and define requirements
• Analyzes and studies customer requirements to determine the most effective software and web technologies to satisfy their needs
• Designs, creates, tests, and maintains software and web based applications and content solutions to satisfy customer requirements
• Follows a formal design process using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, other accepted design techniques and also adheres to laws, standards, and established guidelines for development and delivery of software and web applications (e.g., software reuse, modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, fault tolerant)
• Coordinates creation and collection of necessary technology components and integrate them into a coherent site design
• Designs and develops visually-pleasing, content rich, user-friendly interfaces with intuitive navigation
• Develops and maintains software and web development technical documentation to assist with software and web application maintenance and upgrades
• Provides software process management and configuration management throughout the software / web development lifecycle
Skills & Tasks: Moderate - understands and applies more advanced concepts and processes to daily activities. Assists more senior level technicians, specialists, and managers in their activities. Can perform all tasks of lower level technicians or specialists
Individual Work / Teamwork or Leadership / Management: Individual Work/Teamwork - Works individually and also actively participates on integrated teams
Guidance: Requires minimal guidance and direction from more senior level technicians, specialists, and managers. Provides guidance to lower level technicians and specialists.
Education/Min Years Experience: HS/GED -- 6 years experience, Associates -- 4 years experience, Bachelors -- 2 years experience, Masters -- 0 years experience
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.