CBRN Incident Response Specialist
Leidos is seeking a Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the CBRN Incident Response Program. The Senior CBRN Incident Response Specialist will provide on-site support to a customer in the NoVA/Washington D.C. vicinity.
The successful candidate will provide varying degrees of CBRN related training and CBRN related physical assessments to a diverse range of customers. They will also perform logistical, and maintenance functions on Commercial off the Shelf (COT) CBRN Equipment. Conduct mission related travel, and serve as the primary instructor/trainer to the client.
• Utilize knowledge in CBRN equipment logistics planning and operations experience for equipment research, requisition, accountability, maintenance, calibration, & sustainment.
• Demonstrate experience in the establishment of positive and productive work relationship with clients based on individual level of expertise, quality of work, personality, and ability to deliver the desired product.
• Instruct various CBRN tasks and procedures effectively to a wide range of audiences and skill sets, while being able to adapt to their expectations.
• Research, write and develop client based procedures related to CBRN defense.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: REQUIRED SKILLS:
• MUST possess an active Top Secret security clearance with an SSBI completed within the past thirty-six months. The candidate MUST be eligible for access to Sensitive Compartmentalized Information (SCI).
• This position requires knowledge and experience producing, handling, storing, transmitting, and transporting sensitive materials up to and including TS, SAP, and SCI.
• A Bachelor's degree and 8 years’ experience, relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
• The candidate must have the ability to confidently and credibly develop and execute presentations at high levels.
• The candidate must have a minimum of 8 years of CBRN incident response instructor experience.
• This position requires a strong understanding of CBRN incident response fundamentals & principles.
• The candidate must have a current working knowledge of Commercial off the Shelf Equipment (COTS).
• The candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain Radiation Safety Officer Certification.
• The candidate must meet the “fit for duty” standard per OSHA 1910.120 and NFPA 600.
• Experience or familiarity with government contracts and the Federal Government.
• Experience with Tech Escort, NDT, CBIRF, HAMMER, and/or PFPA, HazMat.
• Operational emergency response experience, preferably in a HAZMAT environment.
• Radiation Safety Officer Certification
• Work independently with minimal oversight.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Well versed in Microsoft Office Tools.
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.