Information Security Engineer
Leidos is seeking a Department of Defense (DoD) Risk Management Framework (RMF) expert to lead various IT security risk management tasks and policy oversight across the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) in a high-paced, dynamic environment.
Responsibilities and tasks may include some or all of the following:
- Running ACAS scans, SCAP scans and manually going through STIG checklists.
- Very strong technical experience on Microsoft.
- Helping with the preparation of the Security Assessment Plan.
- Expert with a complete security control validation and assessment of a system or network to address known threats and vulnerabilities. The evaluation must consider and identify impacts as well as consideration of existing risk mitigation strategies.
- Developing Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) based on the assessment results.
- Ensure traceability of all vulnerabilities from raw assessment results to the POA&M.
- Conducting required vulnerability analysis to support mitigation and residual risk determination.
- Assisting with eMASS data entry requirements.
- Supporting the continuous monitoring program as necessary when Information System Continuous Monitoring (ISCM) results will be used to support continuing authorization requirements or ongoing authorizations.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
Experience with RMF accreditation packages.
Experience in all steps of the RMF process.
Expert in evaluating security controls and compliance on a variety of hardware and software systems.
Experience with eMASS.
Excellent Communication skills.
Ability to work effectively independently as well as within a team environment.
Experience with assessing ACAS scans and importing into eMASS.
Demonstrated a strong work ethic and ability and willingness to take on new challenges.
Experience with writing SSPs.
Active Top Secret Clearance or higher.
AS degree with 10+ years of experience or
BS degree with 8+ years of experience or
MS degree with 6+ years of experience.
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.