Desktop Support Technician
Leidos is seeking a Desktop Support Technician to support a group within the IRS. The Desktop Support Technician will serve as the point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance for computers and peripherals. The Technician will quickly assess issues and will determine next steps, based on input from the customer as well as their own observations of the issues. The Technician will provide expert issue resolution and document all steps in our ticketing system.
The Desktop Support Technician will have excellent verbal and written communication skills. The Technician must have a thorough understanding of Windows and Mac OS platforms and various software packages. The Technician must be customer oriented and able to explain the issue to the customer. Must be able to deal with difficult customers. Will be responsible for supporting all IT policies and IT security requirements.
Duties to include:
- Troubleshooting minor and major computer, hardware, peripheral and mobile device issues
- Ensure Tickets are responded to within SLA and fully document each step of the process
- Test, image, and wipe workstations when needed
- Implement patches, updates and corrective actions to mitigate security risks and vulnerabilities
- Maintain, analyze and trouble shoot software for PC and Macs
- Windows 10 expertise
- Mac OS experience, High Sierra preferred
- Excellent Customer service skills
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policies, Windows permissions, computer networks and Mac OS active directory integration
- Knowledgeable about Windows Office Suite and Adobe suite
- Ability to interface with staff on various levels and work under minimal supervision
- Understanding of a wide variety of desktop applications
- Ability to multitask and work in a team environment
- Ability to track work and present reports to management when needed
- Will be required to pass an IRS background check for a Public Trust
- Typically requires high school diploma or equivalent and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.