The successful candidate will be required to research, design, write, and review a wide range of technical documentation that will include but not be limited to the following:
- System Operator Guides, help guides, user manuals, and training guides as part of the overall training development strategy.
- Technical manuals, design specification documents, System User Guides, reference manuals, installation guides, and data sheets that may be required to assist with the design, integration, testing, and fielding of the system.
- Must hold an active TS/SCI DoD security clearance for consideration.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education including 4-8 years of relevant experience; or 2-6 years of relevant experience with a related Master’s degree.
- Strong technical writing skills (clear, concise, and complete manner).
- Strong grammar skills (grammar, punctuation, spelling, usage).
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Willing to take initiative to develop systems expertise.
- Good team player.
- The successful candidate will also have excellent written and verbal communications skills and will be required to have contact with both a project technical lead and be able to take direction from our Navy government lead.
- Knowledge of government documentation standard.
- Two years’ experience with Agile-based software development techniques.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git).
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira).
- Experience with continuous integration environments (e.g., Jenkins).
- Experience working in government/defense labs and their computing restrictions.
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (i.e., Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
- Experience with Microsoft Word Styles.
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.