Software Engineer / Test Engineer
POSITION SUMMARY: Leidos has an immediate opening for a seasoned Software Engineer to join our team at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD to support the CECOM Software Engineering Center, Terrestrial Sensors Branch. The selected candidate will perform testing, software development, and embedded software engineering for the 2nd Generation Forward Looking Infra-Red (2GF) and Long Range Advance Scout Surveillance System (LRAS3) Post Production Software Sustainment (PPSS) programs. The selected candidate will possess a DoD SECRET clearance and 9 years or more of Software Engineering and Testing expertise.
- Develop and revise the Master Test Plan, Verification Cross Reference Matrix, and all system Test Procedures
- Execute unit, regression, and Final Qualification Testing procedures
- Design, develop, and maintain software for a variety of engineering applications in C, C++, and Assembler languages;
- Design, develop, and test embedded operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software applications.
- Design and implement automated testing procedures
- Investigate and resolve operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel.
- Use UML modeling tools to perform software code evaluations
- Create or modify existing documentation supporting software design, software implementation, test plans, test reports and user documentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or other Engineering or Technical Discipline
- 9 years or more of software engineering and testing experience
- Ability to work 5 days per week, on site, at Aberdeen Proving Ground
- Ability to maintain a DoD SECRET Clearance
- Experience performing software coding with C, C++, and Assembler
- Experience performing software testing and implementing automated tests
- Experience using UML Modeling Tools, such as Rhapsody, and Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience and knowledge of hardware functionality and the relationships with software.
- Experience with LabView and LabWindows
- Security + or similar certification a plus
- Understanding of US Military Sensor and Surveillance Systems or other US Military Experience
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team environment.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.