Solutions Architect Cyber Security Engineering
Our Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Team within our Defense & Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Solutions Architect with a specialty in Cyber Security Engineering. This role is in support of DoD customers in the DC Metro area as well as globally, ideally candidate will be based in DC Metro area. Position is predominantly performed in a virtual capacity.
This is an exciting and innovative opportunity to use your technical expertise and leadership experience in support of our DoD Information Technology customers. You will support development of cyber security solutions for new business, support ongoing contracts as well as provide surge and issue support.
• Provide the leadership and technical direction for the execution of DoD IT new business during the capture phase and into program execution startup upon award.
• Lead architecture definition of complete defensive Cyber security solutions covering the lifecycle from Early CONOPS, to requirements development, technical planning, system integration, analysis of alternatives, verification and validation, design, build, cost , deploy, and sustainment.
• Produce defensive cyber security technical roadmaps that advance the technical baseline and address both the technical and the business factors.
• Lead engineering assessments, hands-on trials and selection of investments for SOCs, Cyber Analytics, Network defense, Data Center defense, Cloud and End Point Defense, and evolving capabilities, such as micro-segmentation and advanced strategies for cyber security
• BS degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
• 7+ years of experience leading technical teams.
• Prior experience as a lead/chief engineer or equivalent for CND solutions with broad expertise guiding project and operations across multiple related IT disciplines throughout the project lifecycle.
• Broad IT Knowledge base with key Defensive technologies and tradecraft to include but not limited to: HBSS,IPS/IDS, Firewalls, Proxies, encryption, SIEM, Defensive Cyber Operations.
• Recent DoD IT engineering leadership experience.
• Excellent written and oral communication capability and have the ability to communicate with executive leadership regarding matters of significant importance to the organization.
• Experience and ability to successfully negotiate and influence others to understand and accept new concepts, practices and approaches.
• Experience estimating technical and operations costs within the cyber solution.
• Experience identifying and assessing business impacts to proposed changes to a largely technical solution or enterprise operations.
• Ability to possess a final DoD Secret.
• Ability to travel internationally and to travel approx. 25% of the time.
• ITIL foundations certification,DoD 8570 (CISSP).
• Experience developing strategic roadmaps for Cyber Security services and providing technical oversight to ensure developed solutions, satisfy customer and business requirements.
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.