Current Operations Support Manager
- Process Periods of Non-Disruption requested by Combatant Commands, Service Cyber Components, Agencies and Field Activities. Adjudicate maintenance actions to prevent scheduled service interruption impact to critical services during events impacting National Security.
- Maintain awareness of USSTRATCOM / USCYBERCOM / JFHQ-DODIN directives, orders, alerts, and messages; respond to related network operations questions. Assist in technical development, transmission and tracking of orders to include Task Orders (TO), Warning Orders (WARNORD), and Fragmentary Orders (FRAGO).
- Maintain situational awareness of cyber activity in the Information Technology (IT) by reviewing open source reporting for new vulnerabilities, malware, or other threats that have the potential to impact the DODIN in support of Crisis Action and OPT.
- Coordinate with other cyber elements to obtain information for slides, briefings, presentations, or other situational awareness products. Provide for the development, setup and execution of the JFHQ-DODIN Commander’s Update Brief and participation in the USCYBERCOM Commander’s Update Brief.
- Provide surge support for all Crisis Action Teams, JFHQ-DODIN COOP events and J33 OPT participation. Provide for the technical writing and review of JDOC and Current Operations SOPs, TTPs and Operational Checklists.
- Respond to JFHQ-DODIN requirements for real world and exercise Contingency Operations (COOP) and National Capital Region (NCR) catastrophic events.
External Referral Eligible
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires a BA degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience. 4+ years of additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
•Currently possess an active DoD TS/SCI clearance and eligible for C/I Polygraph
•Knowledge of service specific ASI process and contacts; intricacies of PONDs and there supporting processes.
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security +ce.
- ITIL V3
- Technical understanding in some of the following areas: network communication using TCP/IP protocols, basic system administration, basic understanding of cyber security threats, malware (malware communication installation, or malware types), computer network defense, military action officer/staff officer functions.
- Experience briefing Senior Leaders
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.